This standard operating procedure describes at a high level how to register a Target Extract Data Source (dg* database) in the Stewardship Tier. Syniti requires that Target Extract databases are created with a name that starts with dg and followed by a descriptive name. For example, dgSAP_RD2_100 could signify that the database contains SAP data extracted from System RD2 and Client 100.
The procedure is a high-level document designed to guide the user on best practice. For more detailed information consult the online help.
Before this activity is performed, the associated dg* database must be created in the MS SQL Server instance associated with the Stewardship Tier installation. It’s recommended that the creation of databases is done by a DBA (database administrator) to ensure that file locations, sizing requirements and maintenance (such as backup) considerations are applied.
Who Performs this Procedure?
Typically, this procedure is performed by someone administering the ADM Platform.
Users assigned the following roles would typically have access:
- Migration Developer Advanced
- System Administrator
To create a Target Extract Data Source Registry:
- Navigate to Common > Configuration > Data Source Registry.
- Click the Add button. Your new entry displays in the Horizontal View.
- Populate the fields:
- Name—Required—The Data Source name should be the same as the associated database, starting with dg%.
- Application Data Source Type—Required—Select Target System Database (dg%).
- Once completed click Save. The Vertical view displays.
- On the General tab, populate the fields:
- Server Address—Required—Enter the server name of the SQL Server instance
- Database—Required—Enter the name of the dg* database (should be the same as the Name)
- User ID—Required—Enter the SQL Server User used by the Stewardship Tier
- Password—Required—Enter the password associated with the User ID
- On the Advanced Settings tab, populate the fields:
- Connection Timeout—Required—Leave default value
- Command Timeout—Required—Leave default value
- System Views—Required—Ensure this is checked
- Once completed click Save. The Target Extract Data Source is now created.
- Click the Test Connection button to ensure the Data Source is connected to the database correctly.