This procedure details the steps that need to be taken to manually create a new user in the Stewardship Tier.
For more detailed information, see the online help.
Who Performs this Procedure?
Typically, this procedure is performed by someone acting in some type of Stewardship Tier System Administration function.
Users assigned to one of the following standard delivered roles would have access to execute this procedure:
- System Administrator
- Security Administrator
- User Management
NOTE: This functionality requires an SMTP server to be configure in order to send an email to the user with login information.
- Navigate to Admin -> Security -> Users.
- Press Add Button.
- Enter the user's details.
- Enter meaningful username in field USER ID (Mandatory)
- Enter user's full name in field NAME (Mandatory)
- Enter user's email address in field EMAIL ADDRESS (Mandatory)
- Select the user's Language from field LANGUAGE ID
- Press the Save button.
This will switch the record to its vertical view.
- Enter the user's additional details:
- Leave Password field blank (Mandatory)
- System will generate and send the user's password in a later step.
- Enter user's Windows Username in field Windows Username if Integrated Authentication is being used, otherwise leave blank.
- If user is valid for a specific time frame, enter expiration date in field Expiration Date (Optional)
- Leave field Anonymous unchecked (Optional)
- Enter user's phone number in field Telephone (Optional – no application significance)
- Enter user's phone extension in field Telephone Extension (Optional – no application significance)
- Leave field Default Page ID – users can update if they want to navigate to a specific page when logging in (Optional)
- Leave field Style ID blank – users can update if they want to use a specific site style (Optional)
- Enter user's Locale in field Locale ID if it differs from the Default locale (Optional – if no value is entered, the System defaults to value)
- Press the Save button.
Since no password was supplied, the following warning message will be displayed. Accept this error.
- Set Users Password and Send via Email. Select the newly created user records and press the Set Password and Notify User button.
The following message will be displayed.
Press ‘OK’ button
The users should then receive an email that contains their username and password. When they log in to the Stewardship Tier, they will be forced to change their password.