This standard operating procedure describes at a high level how to append columns to all target tables in the Stewardship Tier. This process is system wide so will affect Target Tables associated with Objects in all Waves / Process Areas.
The procedure is a high-level document designed to guide the user on best practice. For more detailed information consult the online help.
Who Performs this Procedure?
Typically, this procedure is performed by someone administering the Stewardship Tier System
Users assigned the following roles would typically have access:
- Migration Developer Advanced
- Navigate to Advanced Data Migration --> Design --> Reference --> Append Utility Columns.
A list of the current Append Columns will display in the parent pane.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for the column - Required
- Enter a Priority for the column - Required - This determines the position in the target table.
- Active will be set by default - You can uncheck this at any time to deactivate.
- Decide if the field should be a key field, if so check the Key field - Optional
- Select the Data Type - Required
- Enter the Length of the field - Optional - Depending on Data Type
- Enter the number of Decimal places required - Optional - Depending on Data Type
- Select a default value if required - Optional - Possible Values shown below.
- Select Visibility - Required - This can be set to Source, Target, Both or None. It determines where the field will be available to Map.
- Target Append - Optional - Check this if you want the field to be included in the target insert rule.
- Source Append - Optional - Check this if you want the field to be included in the source "st" table.
- Click Save.
Once an Append Utility Column has been added, when a Target Table is synchronized to Map, the field will be added to the Target Design. When the autogen steps are run, the field will be added to the Source and Target Tables, subject to the setting.