This procedure details the steps to mass create new users in the Stewardship Tier using its Excel integration capability.
Who Performs this Procedure?
Typically, this procedure is performed by someone acting in some type of Stewardship Tier System Administration function.
Users assigned to one of the following standard delivered roles would have access to execute this procedure:
- System Administrator
- Security Administrator
- User Management
- Navigate to Admin -> Security -> Users.
- Choose the Excel Integration option from the More Actions Menu to download a blank user upload template
- In the popup window, on the Download Template tab, ensure the Include Existing Data check box is unchecked.
- Press the Download button.
This will download a blank user creation Excel spreadsheet to your default download location.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Enter the users' details:
- Enter meaningful username in field USER ID (Mandatory)
- Enter user's full name in field NAME (Mandatory)
- Enter user's email address in field EMAIL ADDRESS (Mandatory)
- Leave Password field blank (Mandatory)
- System will generate and send the user password in a later step.
- Select the user's preferred language from field LANGUAGE ID (Mandatory)
- Enter user's Windows Username in field Windows Username if Integrated Authentication is being used, otherwise leave blank.
- If user is valid for a specific time frame, enter expiration date in field Expiration Date (Optional)
- Leave field Anonymous unchecked (Optional)
- Enter user's phone number in field Telephone (Optional – no application significance)
- Enter user's phone extension in field Telephone Extension (Optional – no application significance)
- Leave field Default Page ID blank, users can update if they want to navigate to a specific page when logging in (Optional)
- Leave field Style ID blank, users can update if they want to use a specific site style (Optional)
- Enter users Locale in field Locale ID if it differs from the Default locale (Optional – if no value is entered, the locale defaults to the locale set for the Stewardship Tier)
- After adding all users, close the Excel file.
- In the Stewardship Tier, choose Excel Integration option from the More Actions Menu.
- In the popup window, on the Import Data tab, choose the file that contains the new users to be created.
- To send an email to the newly added users so they can set their passwords, select the newly created user records and press the Set Password and Notify User button.
- The following message will be displayed.
- Press ‘OK’ button.
- The users should then receive an email that contains their username and password. When they log invto the Stewardship Tier, they will be forced to change their password.