This standard operating procedure describes at a high level how to create a Wave using the wave copy process in the Stewardship Tier.
The procedure is a high-level document designed to guide the user on best practice. For more detailed information consult the online help.
Who Performs this Procedure?
Typically, this procedure is performed by someone administering the ADM Platform.
Users assigned the following roles would typically have access:
- Migration Developer Advanced
- Navigate to Advanced Data Migration --> Console --> Waves.
- Select the Wave you wish to copy then click the Copy Wave button.
- Click Edit, then enter:
- New Name - Required - Populate a meaningful name for your wave. A Wave is a self-contained entity within the Stewardship Tier. Typically, a Wave should be for one particular target system/project phase. Value mapping, for example, is Wave specific.
- Click Save.
- Click the Copy Wave button.
- A message will appear. Click OK.
The wave copy process will run in the background. Once completed you can update the other fields in the wave.
- Click the Vertical View button.
- Populate the fields:
- Description - Required - Enter a meaningful description that informs others of purpose of the Wave.
- Target System - Required - Select the target system from the drop down list. This should be the development environment where the latest configuration can be downloaded.
- Client - Required - Populate the client for the Target System Development Environment.
- Language - Required - Populate the language required for Target Check Table Descriptions.
- Start Date - Required - Populate the intended Start Date of the project Wave, this will be used as a milestone. Refer Syniti Migration Dashboard for more information.
- End Date - Required - Populate the intended End Fate of the project Wave, this will be used as a milestone. Refer Syniti Migration Dashboard for more information.
- Once completed click Save. The wave is now copied.
For further modifications see relevant SOP's or Online Help.