Viewing the Log
- Open up SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your SQL Server
- In the Object Explorer pane, expand Management -> SQL Server Logs
- Right-click on the "Current" log and select View SQL Server Log
Note: It may be necessary to view an "Archive" log to find older messages.
Filtering the Log
- From the menu at the top, click Filter...
- Set a Start Date and End Date
- Check the Apply Filter box and click OK
Exporting the Log
- From the menu at the top, click Export
- Choose a name and location
- Set "Save as type:" to ".csv" and click Save