|Product:||Syniti Replicate, (Syniti DR, fka DBMoto)|
|Summary:||Extending the SQL Server Transaction Log to keep more than 72 hours of data using the Maximum Distribution Retention Period|
Microsoft SQL Server keeps the transaction log for a default of 72 hours. You can either change the setting from the SQL Server Management Studio or use a T-SQL command.
SQL Server Management Studio:
- Connect to the Publisher.
- Highlight the SQL Server node you would like to edit.
- Right-click the Replication folder, and then click Distributor Properties.
- To view and modify the property for the distribution database, on the General page, click Properties for the database DBRS_distribution.
- In the Transaction Retention section, change the value that appears in the “But not more than” text box to whatever value you would like to use.
Alternatively, you can run the following T-SQL command from SQL Server Query Analyzer to make the modification.
@property = 'max_distretention',
@value = '73'
See also Microsoft SQL Server documentation