|Product:||Syniti Data Replication, DBMoto|
|Summary:||Error: (-2147467259) Timeout expired on MS SQL Server|
While executing a DML command (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE) on Microsoft SQL Server, I get the following error:
Error: (-2147467259) Timeout expired
This error is a generic timeout error thrown by SQL Server. The default command timeout set inside Syniti DR/DBMoto for executing commands is 30 seconds. That is usually is more than sufficient for an insert/update/delete. Generally in these situations, a timeout error can be caused by a needed expansion of the database. Each DML command needs to allocate more space in the data and log files. The expansion cannot be completed in the default time defined for the command timeout.
See the following Microsoft KB article for clarification:
- Determine whether there is a condition of database expansion.
- Evaluate if there is enough free space in the hard drive.
- If not, proceed with a backup of the database and transaction log.
- Set up a transaction log backup plan in your SQL Server.
- Follow the directions indicated in the Microsoft KB article.