- From the Change Request select the workflow position and Parallel Flow
- Add Attribute to be used for the Parallel workflow
- Select Add Rule highlight and enter details for rule:
• Attribute value
• Approver Type
• Step Type
For this Parallel workflow scenario, for each company code given, the change request will go to both approvers listed. Additional company codes and approvers may be added as required.
- After saving the conditions, both the opening and closing nodes of the parallel workflow can be seen (here shown as A2 and A3). If required, additional approvers may be added from A2. The workflow will come back together at A3.
5. Add connections to the opening parallel node. In this case connection is made from the A1 approver to the opening parallel node (A2).
6. Add connections from the opening parallel node (A2) to any additional approvers between A2 and A3, or directly to A3 if there are no other approvers between them.
In this case there are no additional approvers, so connections are made directly from A2 to A3.
Connections created between A2 and A3 are shown.
7. Create connections between the closing parallel node (A3) and any additional approvers, or to Activation. In this case there are no additional approvers.
8. Create any additional connections required at the Activation node.
9. Once all connections have been completed, select to validate the workflow. A validation message should appear.
10. Save to complete the workflow and create BRF tables.
When the workflow is saved, BRF decision tables are created and populated automatically.