This article applies to DSP 6.6.2 and above.
While importing fields for a Lookup table in Target Design on the Targets page (dspMigrate > Design> Targets > Import Fields), the Lookup Table field for some records does not populate as expected.
This problem typically occurs when the imported Lookup Table field is not properly associated with the Lookup Table field assigned to that record in the dspMigrate > Design > Configuration > Lookup Table Setup page.
In the example below, the value for column 2 in the Target Lookup Table is KAPPL, while the value set in System Types Tables is KVEWE. This mismatch occurs because Lookup Table Field 1 is populated with the value MANDT, so that all subsequent fields fail to align as expected.
Solution 1: Delete Records in Lookup Table Setup
- WARNING: Apply this workaround with caution, as it can break existing lookup references in other Targets in
- the dspMigrate > Design app in situations where the existing references were imported from a different System Type (or a previous version of the current System Type). In these situations, skip to Solution 2.
Delete the affected Lookup table record(s) on the dspMigrate > Design > Configuration > Lookup Table Setup page.
The next Target Import from the System Type recreates the Lookup table record in dspMigrate so that the imported lookup table fields populate as expected.
Solution 2: Manually Edit Fields
This is a safer method, avoiding the risk detailed in the note above. This involves manually editing either the Lookup Table fields in Design or the Table fields in System Type so that these fields align correctly as illustrated below:
System Type Table = Lookup Table Setup
[TableName] = [ValueTableName]
[LookupTableField1] = [ValueTableColumn1]
[LookupTableField2] = [ValueTableColumn2]
[LookupTableField3] = [ValueTableColumn3]
[LookupTableField4] = [ValueTableColumn4]
[LookupTableField5] = [ValueTableColumn5]
[DescriptionTable] = [DescriptionTableName]
[DescriptionTableField] = [DescriptionTableColumn]
Manually Edit System Type Table fields
1. Navigate to dspMigrate > Design > Configuration > Lookup Table Setup.
2. Select the affected Value Table record.
3. You can record values for Description Table Name, Description Table Column, and all affected Value Table Column fields in this view or you can record the same values in the Vertical View.
4. Navigate to Common > System Types. Click the Tables icon for the affected System Type.
5. Select the affected record, open the Vertical View, and click Edit.
6. Edit values for the Description Table, the Description Table Field, and affected Lookup Table fields to match values for the associated fields as per the record created in step 3.
OR Manually Edit Lookup Table Setup fields
1. Navigate to Common > System Types. Click the Tables icon for the affected System Type.
2. Click the Vertical View button for the affected table in the System Types Tables list.
3. Record values for Description Table, Description Table Field, and all affected Lookup Table fields.
4. Navigate to dspMigrate > Design > Configuration > Lookup Table Setup.
5. Select the affected Lookup Table record. You can edit the affected fields directly in the Horizontal view by clicking Edit or you can open the Vertical View and edit them there.
6. Edit values for the Description Table Name, the Description Table Column and affected Value Table Column fields to match values for the associated fields as per the record created in step 3.