NOTE: This method uses the Column Override Template field, which is a field ignored by certain package types in Collect (those that don't use SQL query syntax). The most common package types that won't be able to use this method are: BOA RFC, SAP RFC, & SAP Text.
DSP all released versions.
You can configure Collect to add RTRIM to all string columns from a particular type of source (such as DB2) to remove trailing spaces.
- Identify the Target Source Connection Type being used.
- In Collect, select Administrative > Connection Types > Sources.
- Select the row from step 1, and click Data Type Conversion.
- Click Vertical View for a string data type (such as Char).
- Enter the following in the Column Override Template field:
NOTE: The Column Override Template field holds a single space character by default, so take care to remove that space when populating it.
NOTE: The code entered in the Column Override Template field must abide by the proper SQL syntax for the source system. For example, not all databases have a function named RTRIM, and not all databases use double quotes as column delimiters.