Applicable to all versions of DSP
Because there is no Connection Type delivered with Collect that has the necessary download queries for a postgreSQL source, Collect's support of PostgreSQL databases is limited. We do not recommend manually configuring a Connection Type for a postgreSQL source.
To work around configuring a new Connection type, complete the following steps.
To register the postgreSQL record:
- Select Admin > Configuration > Setup > Database Types in the Navigation pane.
- Click Add.
- Enter 500 in the DATABASE TYPE ID text box.
- Enter PostgreSQL in the DESCRIPTION text box.
- Ensure the SUPPORTED check box is checked.
- Click Save.
- Click Vertical View for the PostgreSQL database type.
- Enter the following information in the remaining fields:
Once the postgreSQL record is registered in System Administration:
- Build packages one-by-one on the Packages page in Assemble.
- Register the packages on the Tables page in Collect with a PACKAGE TYPE of ManualCranPort.
NOTE: SSIS package types should also work for postgreSQL extracts in Collect.
There is a product improvement request to add a delivered Connection Type for postgreSQL. If you would like this project to be prioritized, please let us know in a Support ticket at support.syniti.com by requesting an update on the [DSP-5326] Development ticket.