Syniti Data Replication (formerly DBMoto) Installation and Setup for Remote Replications
The following sections describe the installation and setup process for a Syniti Data Replication Management Center installation that remotely connects to a Syniti Data Replication server installation and can control replications without the server components.
This article includes information on how to:
- Install Syniti Data Replication Remote Management Center
- Create a Connection to a Server
- Add a New Server
Install Syniti Data Replication Remote Management Center
To install a remote Syniti Data Replication Management Center, click the Remote Management Center Installation option.
- NOTE: It is possible to reach other Syniti Data Replication servers from a Standard Installation.
- When selecting a Standard installation, the computer on which Syniti Data Replication is being installed must also be able to host and manage a server of its own.
Create a Connection to a Server
When running the application from a Remote installation, the Metadata Explorer will not show any servers installed. To to run replications that are setup on another server, you must create a connection.
To create a connection to a server:
- Right-click Syniti DR on the Metadata Explorer
- Click Add New Server....
Add a New Server
Before completing the configuration of the local server the Syniti DR Server Agent service must be running on the Syniti DR application server.
When adding a new server:
- Enter the name of the server to be added in the Server Name text box.
- NOTE: The Server Name field must be internal to the local installation,
- and it must be defined in a descriptive that helps the user to properly identify the server being used. It is possible to add more than one server.
- Enter the address of the server to be added in the Server Address text box.
- NOTE: The Server Address must be the IP Address, Host name, or FQDN of the Syniti DR server installation, provided it can be reached from the local computer (as in, the host name should be added to the hosts file on the local computer in order for Syniti DR to be able to find it).
- Select an authentication type from the Authentication list box.
- NOTE: The Authentication field will depend on the Authentication Method used in the server.
- From the server, it is possible to right-click on the server, select Server Properties, and check the right Authentication Method to use on the local installation. By default, servers are added using Anonymous Authentication.
NOTE: The Authentication Method has to match on the client side.
Once the server is added, if metadata and its elements exist on the server, they will be shown on the local installation. This will make running replications and groups possible.