Version: all versions of DSP / DSMA connecting to supported versions of DS
The following are requirements for the names of DataServices Repositories to be used with Collect.
- 64 characters or fewer
- letters, numbers, underscores acceptable
- no other special characters
- no spaces
Generally the repository may be given the same name as the corresponding SQL database, assuming that name meets the above requirements (SQL database names may be over 64 characters for instance).
For reference, SQL Server has its own naming rules as described here. Additional recommendations would be:
- keep names shorter (while avoiding excessive abbreviation)
- avoid using names that require delimiters (esp. reserved words, embedded spaces)
- avoid special characters where possible