|Product:||Syniti Data Replication, DBMoto|
|Version:||Syniti DR 9.6 and above, DBMoto 9 and above|
|Summary:||Install the Management Center on a local system to monitor replication activity on a remote system|
In an environment where Syniti DR/DBMoto is running on a system that is not accessible to all users who need to monitor activity (because of user permissions or remote access restrictions), it is possible to install just the Management Center on a local system, then access activity on a remote server. No additional product license is required for this type of installation.
However, note that you always need administrative permissions on the system where you are running the Management Center. If this is not possible, an alternative strategy is to set up email alerts for specific events as they occur on the server installation of Syniti DR/DBMoto. For more information, check the Maintenance and Recovery section of the Syniti DR/BMoto Help for a topic called Email Error Alerts.
To install a local copy of the Management Center:
- On the system where you want to monitor replication activity, run the Syniti DR/DBMoto installation file setup.exe.
- In the Setup Type screen, choose Remote Management Center Installation.
- Complete the installation.
- Start the Management Center.
- In the Metadata Explorer, right click on the Syniti DR/DBMoto label and choose Add New Server.
- In the Add New Server dialog, complete the following fields.
Type the network name of the server you wish to add. The system should already have
an installed copy of Syniti DR/DBMoto with the Server Agent running.
Type the IP address for the server.
In most cases, you do not need to change the default setting. If you have specific
requirements for a different port number for the Syniti DR/DBMoto Server, enter a new value
here. You will also need to edit a Syniti DR/DBMoto configuration file and set the port number
In your Syniti DR/DBMoto installation directory, edit the file dbmoto.server.config.
Scroll to the entry for AgentIPPort:
... <optionList> ...
Edit the port value.
- Click OK to complete the dialog.
- It is also possible for an administrator to set up login credentials for the Syniti DR/DBMoto Server. Check the Setting Up Your Environment section of the Syniti DR/DBMoto Help for the topic Setting Up Syniti DR/DBMoto Users.
You can now use the Management Center tools to monitor replication activity on the server. For more information, check the Help topics on the Replication Monitor, Replication Activity Viewer and History Viewer.