Value Check Rule
RDG provides the flexibility to apply the business rules with the appropriate messages if conditions do not meet the business rule.
- Select the dropdown next to the entity and select the value check rule.
- Select the attribute for the value check and the expression
- Select Generate Flow.
- Complete the conditions using values or attributes:
• If AD_POSTAL-REF_POSTA = “CN”
• Or AD_POSTAL = “IN”
• Then display error message “COUNTRY IS INVALID” for All workflow steps
- Select the workflow step determining when the rule will be enforced.
- Select the message type details (A preconfigured message class and text or custom message can be used).
- Save and select the TR.
- The rule is created in the BRF application and a successful message should appear:
When creating single value rules where the attributes used in the conditions involve units, such as
the only valid comparisons are
LT – is less than
LE – is less than or equal to
NE – is not equal to