Stewardship Tier version 7.3 and later does not support 32-bit mode service. If you are running the Stewardship Tier in 32-bit mode, we recommended that you switch to 64-bit mode prior to upgrading to version 7.3 (or later) to allow sufficient testing before upgrading.
Switch to 64-bit Mode After Upgrading
If you do not switch to 64-bit mode before upgrading to 7.3.x, there are additional steps to take:
- Create a new Stewardship Tier 64-bit service via the CranBerryConfigurator.exe.
- Add the queues to the 64-bit service in the Stewardship Tier.
- Delete any 32-bit services via the CranBerryConfigurator.exe
Create a New Stewardship Tier 64-bit service via the CranBerryConfigurator.exe.
- Navigate to the BOA\DSP\Web\bin folder of the Stewardship Tier install location and locate the CranberryConfigurator.exe file.
- Run the CranberryConfigurator.exe application.
- Select Service > Create Instance.
- Enter Service Name and Maximum Number of Threads. The Polling Interval can use the defaulted value.
- Click the Finish button to create the new service.
- Log in to the Stewardship Tier and navigate to System Administration > Service > Service Providers to verify that the new service has been created.
Add the Queues to the 64-bit Service in the Stewardship Tier
- Review the queues assigned to the old service.
- Click the Queues icon for the new service.
- Add the queues with the same priority and maximum number of threads to the new service.
- Delete queues from the old service.
Delete any 32-bit Services Via the CranBerryConfigurator.exe
- Use the CranberryConfigurator.exe application to select the old service.
- Select Service > Delete Instance to delete the instance of the service.
For additional information on the discontinued support on 32-bit service, refer to the Knowledge Base article 32 Bit Support Dropped for Stewardship Tier 7.3.