There are lots of great BDC Script and GUI Script Recording Tips in the DSP’s online help. This tip specifically discusses an SAP feature that may be helpful when recording BDC scripts: the Display Status screen.
The Display Status Screen
When recording a BDC script, sometimes it is hard to know all of the OK_Code values and shortcut keys that the transaction or screen will support. The Display Status screen provides these values.
There are two ways to access the Display Status screen to view the full list of OK_Code values and shortcut keys:
Access From the SAP Menu:
- Go to the transaction in SAP.
- Navigate to System > Status in the main SAP menu; a pop-up window displays.
3. Double-click the GUI Status field to open the help window; OK_Codes and shortcuts for the transaction display.
Access From a Pop-up Window that Prevents Access to the System Menu:
- Click F1 to access SAP’s help.
Right-click and select Help from the Context Menu.
2. Click the hammer and wrench icon to open the Technical Information screen, which exposes the GUI
Data Status field.
3. Double-click the GUI Data Status field to open the help window; OK_Codes and shortcuts for the