In Information Steward Accelerator™, when new fields are added to a view that is bound to an IS rule that already exists, Information Steward 14.2 SP10 displays an error when running the task that includes the view (or table).
Error that Information Steward displays: "The task XXX in project XXX has failed. View the log file for more information."
Error in Information Steward log file: "XXX Cannot find column XXX in table XXX in failed data database ISFailedData"
After the error displays in IS, the Delete Failed Data and Run button () , which is available in IS 14.2 SP10 Patch 1, becomes active; however, clicking the button will not add the new fields until the user navigates to the Project Distribution Rule Bindings page or the Activate Columns page in ISA.
The current workaround is navigating to the Project Distribution Rule Bindings page or the Activate Columns page. After accessing one of those pages, the new fields are added to the rule binding in ISA. Once the task is executed again from IS, the behavior is correct.
To run the task successfully:
- In ISA, Navigate to Collect > Targets in the Navigation pane.
- Select the dgRepository_IS Target and click the Refresh icon.
- Navigate to the Project Distribution Rule Bindings page or the Activate Columns page (ISA > Project Summary > Distributions > Rules), which triggers the
webPopulate_ttRuleBindingColumnForRuleInsstored procedures respectively and bring new fields onto the rule. Both procedures run the same underlying SP that add columns to the rule binding from the failed data table.
- Navigate to ISA > Project Summary in the Navigation pane.
- Click the Process Project Rules icon.
NOTE: You can also process all rules in ISA by clicking the Process Rules icon on the Parameters page(Configuration > Parameters).