When Windows Integrated Authentication for DSP is configured, the following issues can occur due to a bug in Windows/IIS.
- Attempts to download reports in dspMonitor™ fail.
- Additionally, it may even be seen that users are unable to successfully log into DSP®.
Reported Error: HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.
Access and downloading issues can be caused by users belonging to an unusually large number of Active Directory groups as this increases the size of the HTTP request headers. Adding the MaxFieldLength and MaxRequestBytes values in Hexadecimal format to the registry settings in IIS (Internet Information Services) solves the request heading length error.
To add values to the registry settings on the DSP Application server:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor with administrative permissions.
- Select Local Machine > System > Current Control Set > Services > HTTP > Parameters for the DSP application server.
- Add the MaxFieldLength and MaxRequestBytes registry settings.
NOTE: the values added to the registry must be in Hexadecimal format.
- Reboot the server.