NOTE: This article is listed in the following 'checklist' guides: [Integrate] Errors while Recording, Posting, or Importing
Integrate/dspCompose Support Notes
1. Must use Internet Explorer. (IE must be 32-bit - this is rarely the issue, but can be)
2. Internet Options requirements:
A) Trusted site option must be set for DSP application.
B) “Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting” option must be enabled for Trusted sites.
SAP Connection error (For test connections and Recordings)
Check the following in order:
- Obtain a screen shot of the error they are receiving.
- Confirm that they can successfully login thru their SAP GUI on their PC.
- Obtain a screen shot of the SAP connection information from Integrate/Advanced/SAP connections and a screen shot of the SAP connection information from their SAP GUI. Compare them to make sure they are the same.
- Obtain the file DEV_RFC.TRC from the end user PC (not the web app server). The file may reside anywhere on their pc and they might find multiple ones. This file is only good if its modified date is the same date that they received the error.
DEV_RFC.TRC – What to Review
1. This is a text file so it can be edited by Notepad.
2. Go to the bottom of the file to see the most recent trace information.
3. These are error messages written from SAP and will vary depending on the issue. It’s relatively easy to tell if it’s a permissions issue but if the error message doesn’t mean anything to you, you should start by googling the error.
4. Have the user enable Debug for Integrate (Common/Job Monitor/Debug Logs), have them attempt the recording/test connection again and have them post the debug log to the issue.
5. Unusual error, there have been a couple of instances when this error was received due to the Client Number beginning with a 0 (zero). If this is the case, then the following is the resolution:
6. Logon to the application server.
7. Navigate to \Web\UserArea\E7060238-24E0-47CC-8D26-9E30AE6A2CDE\English\SAPRecordBDC_COM.aspx
8. Edit it with a text editor.
9. Locate this line: var sapConnection = CreateSAPConnection(sapLogon, "<%=MessageServer%>", "<%=GroupName%>", "<%=SystemName%>", "<%=ApplicationServer%>", "<%=SystemNumber%>", <%=Client%>, "<%=User%>", "<%=Password%>");
The fix is to add quotes to the Client parameter like this: , "<%=Client%>", which passed the client as a string and fixes the issue
10. Save and retest.