With Visual Studio 2022, the required functionality to enable Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Reporting Services projects has moved into the respective Visual Studio (VSIX) extensions only. Integration Services is required in order to use the mSQL SSIS components.
Note: There is no SSDT standalone installer for Visual Studio 2022.
Install SSDT with Visual Studio 2022
To install SSDT with Visual Studio 2022:
For SQL Database projects, select SQL Server Data Tools under Data storage and processing in the list of workloads.
- Install the Integration Services Projects Extension Separately after adding Data Tools.
- Start the Visual Studio 2022 application.
- Click Create a new project.
- Select Integration Services Project and click Next.
- Enter the Project name and Location.
- Click Create.