When attempting an export during the CTS process, the remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
This error occurs when attempting to CTS on sites that use Integrated Authentication, also called Windows Authentication.
To resolve, enable Anonymous Authentication for the CTS.aspx file in the production Cransoft's IIS site. Disable all other authentication methods for that one file.
- Make a Remote Desktop Connection to the DSP application server.
- Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools.
- Run the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the server node in the Connections panel on the left.
- Then Expand the 'Sites' and 'Default Web Site' nodes.
- Right-click on the DSP site listed under the 'Default Web Site' node and select the 'Switch to Content View' option.
- Right-click on the CTS.aspx file in the Content View panel in the middle and select the 'Switch to Features View' option.
- Finally, you can double-click on the 'Authentication' item in the Features View panel.
- From here, you can follow the instructions listed above:
- "enable Anonymous Authentication"
- "disable all other authentication methods"