New CASS process tool
To use lqtBatch using this new process tool, pass “cass” as the parameter for -p option
e.g. lqtBatch … -p cass
This invokes the CassTool process similar to how Verify and Parse tools are invoked.
CassTool loads a DLL library at runtime. If the library is not available or if it cannot be loaded due to some error, CassTool would not process the input record.
Check ProcessResult’s status and error message to get more info.
B. Input requirement
- CASS process requires the following fields as input :
- Address1 (may contain Premise, Subbuilding, Thoroughfare
- Locality (may contain Locality only or Locality, AdministrativeArea, and PostalCode combined)
- AdministrativeArea (if it is not in Locality field)
- PostalCode (if it is not in Locality field)
- DependentLocality (optional. urbanization for Puerto Rico addresses)
- Organization (optional)
C. Stop processing event
CASS tool will stop processing when it detects false positive events.
This is a security measure embedded in CASS tool. This security measure is designed to prevent the artificial creation of an address list by detecting when a submitted address appears to have been constructed artificially and not obtained legitimately.
When such event happens, please get ProcessResult’s status and error message and contact Loqate with this information.
D. Usage expiration
CASS library follows a 2-year cycle and it expires at the end of each cycle (July 31st every odd year). Data files used by CASS also expire after 105 days from the release date of the data files.
CASS tool will stop processing records when these expirations are reached.
E. Report generation
CASS tool can be used together with the new report tool to generate reports.
lqtbatch … -p cass -r
* pipe ‘|’ can be used as a separator when specifying multiple reports
PS Form 3553 ( -r PS3553 ) is the CASS summary report that may be submitted to USPS together with the mailing list.
CASS report ( -r CASS ) is for CASS certification purpose.