Create an Attribute
- Highlight the row in the data model tree where your custom attribute should be added.
- Click Edit to put the data model in edit mode. Other users will be locked from editing the data model while you have the data model in edit mode. The lock is released when changes are activated or you click Cancel Changes to remove the data model from edit mode.
- Select Add Entity . Enter Transport Request if prompted.
- Select the Attribute radio button in the Entity Details screen and select next .
- Enter attribute details:
• Attribute – Key Attribute or additional attributes begin with a ‘Z’
• Description – Description of attribute
• Data Element - Choose a data element from the list, or enter a custom name to create a new custom data element
- Select next to enter additional details for the attribute (optional)
- Click Insert.
- Click Check Data Model .
- If there are no errors, click Activate Data Model to activate the data model and generate structures.
- Activation may take a few minutes. Click Refresh to get the status or click Show Messages .
- If SMT mapping is applicable for the attribute you created, complete the SMT mapping process after activation. See SMT Mapping.
See also Data Model and SMT Notifications on Cloud Platforms