Create Type 4 Entity, Child Entity
Once a Type 1 Entity has been created in the data model the following process can be used to create a Type 4 Entity.
- Selecting the button on the Data Model Entity Tree screen will provide options of adding a Type 4 Entity, Referencing Entity or Attribute under the Type 1 Entity.
- Select Type 4 Entity. RDG automatically populates the following fields per the properties of a Type 4 Entity:
• Storage/Use Type – Changeable via Other Entity Type
• Is Entity Key – Child Entity
• Key Assignment – Key Cannot Be Changed
- Populate details for the Type 4 Entity:
• Entity Name – Name of entity
• Description – Description of the entity
• Package – Select a package from the drop-down
- Click next to add additional data for Entity if necessary and to create qualifying entity.