|Product:||Syniti Data Replication (Syniti DR, fka DBMoto)|
|Summary:||IBM i/iSeries/AS400 Settings for Transactional Replications|
The following warning will occur in the Syniti DR/DBMoto log if you have not made the appropriate settings in the IBM i/iSeries/AS400 journal used for your mirroring or synchronization replication:
Warning Journal UP not preceded from UB. Set IMAGES(*BOTH) in journal options.
The IMAGES parameter can be set to either *BOTH or *AFTER. It is recommended to set the IMAGES parameter to *BOTH to save the record’s image in the log, before and after the update command in order to correctly manage the record’s primary key in Syniti DR/DBMoto. If you choose to set the IMAGES parameter to *AFTER, you will need to modify the target table by adding a Relative Record Number (RRN) field and mapping it to the source table !RecordID field as follows:
- Create an Int field on the target table and make it the primary key.
- Create source and target connections for the replication.
- Define the replication.
- When mapping source and target fields, right click on the target table field you want to map the RRN to, and choose Map to Expression...
- In the upper pane of the Expression Editor, type [!RecordID].
- Click OK to save the expression.
Note: You should not set the IMAGES parameter to *AFTER if you are planning to perform synchronization (bi-directional mirroring). Also if the source table is reorganized, you need to run a refresh replication on the target table (to update RRN changes) before mirroring can proceed again.
This setting is not required if you're going to manage a refresh replication.
See knowledge base article 1556 on Journals and Receivers for more details.