Before upgrading from a DBMoto/Syniti Data Replication version earlier than 9.7.0, take the following steps:
- Stop the Replication Agent/Data Replicator of the current version of Syniti DR (DBMoto).
- Open the Management Center and back up the metadata. Metadata backup is not only important to keep a copy of the current metadata settings: it also commits any pending changes that are waiting to be saved in the metadata database that may be lost when a product upgrade is performed.
- Close the Management Center and stop the Server Agent
- Run the setup.exe.
If you did not complete these steps before beginning the upgrade, you may encounter an error when trying to open the metadata, and potential loss of changes to the metadata before upgrading.
To recover from the error:
- Exit the Management Center.
- Go to the Syniti\Data Replication V9\AppData\Metadata\metadata folder.
- Delete the file metadata.log.
- Restart the Management Center.