Applies to DSP version 6.5.3 and higher
This article provides high-level steps on how to set up an Automate job to run an Integrate post.
To set up an Automate job to run an Integrate post:
- Run the following SQL in the CranSoft database:
INSERT INTO CranSoft.dbo.PageEventParameter
(PageId, Event, ParameterName, ParameterType, Description, Priority, ListView, ListValueField, ListDisplayField)
VALUES ('49b2ebcf-d2f0-4fcf-b451-6341c92b5ee8', N'ViewAuthenticationPost', N'ProcessID', 3, NULL, 20, NULL, NULL, NULL)
NOTE: This SQL adds the PageEventParameters ProcessID, so when the Integrate process is added to an Automate job, both the ProcessID and PostingID fields display in the Parameters list box (not just the PostingID field). If this SQL code is run more than once per DSP instance, the insert will fail.
- [Integrate] Navigate to Categories > Processes > Postings > Vertical View > Posting tab and click the Background Post icon to run the Integrate process once in the background.
- [Integrate] Select Categories > Processes > Postings icon > Vertical View > Advanced tab to locate the Posting ID.
- [Integrate] Copy/paste the Posting ID into a text file to use when creating the Automate event.
- [Integrate] Select Categories > Processes.
- [Integrate] Select the Process being posted and hover the cursor over the Process header. In the left bottom corner, the ProcessID GUID displays.
- [Integrate] Copy/paste the ProcessID GUID into a text file to use when creating the Automate event.
- [Integrate] Select Advanced > Post Engine and search for the ProcessID. If it displays on the page, the job ran in the background at least once. If it does not display on the page, the job did not run. Troubleshoot and try again.
- [Automate] Create an event with the following fields:
Event Type — WebApp
Page ID — Integrate: Post Adapter
Event — View Authentication Post
- [Automate] Navigate to Interfaces > Events > Vertical View > Web App Parameters and add the following 2 records:
FIELD – PostingID
VALUE – the Posting ID pulled from Integrate in Step #4
FIELD – ProcessID
VALUE – the ProcessID pulled from Integrate in Step # 6
- [Automate] Navigate to Interfaces > Vertical View and click the Submit icon to test the process.
- If successful, run the Interface on a schedule (Interfaces > Vertical View > Schedule Info tab).
- If the test fails, determine the issue and manually rerun the Automate process, using the Submit icon, until it successfully runs.