NOTE: This article is listed in the following 'checklist' guides: [Integrate] Errors while Recording, Posting, or Importing
Preparing a Debug Log
Debug logs are often very helpful in troubleshooting issues in the following DSP applications: Collect, Common, Mass Maintenance (dspCompose), Master Data Management (dspConduct), & Integrate.
- From the DSP site, go to Common -> Job Monitor -> Debug Logs
- Select the Component for the application you wish to monitor and click the 'Clear Debug Log' button at the top of the page
- NOTE: the 'Clear Debug Log' button may be grayed out if the log is already empty
- Click the 'Edit' button and set the Trace Level to "1 - Debug"
- This adds processing overhead and should be set back to "0 - Disabled" after you have your debug log populated.
Populating a Debug Log
Debug logs are populated with records any time an action is performed within a Component that is not set to "0 - Disabled". Best practice is to perform the activity that you wish to analyze two or more times. This makes it easier to identify the group of records associated with your activity, especially if there are other activities being performed at the same time.
There is a debug log table for these Components of the DSP:
- Agent Interface - IGC.dbo.ttDebugLog
- Collect - DataGarage.dbo.ttDebugLog
- Common - DSPCommon.dbo.ttDebugLog
- Mass Maintenance (dspCompose) - cMass.dbo.ttDebugLog
- Master Data Management (dspConduct) - DGE.dbo.ttDebugLog
- Integrate - Integrate.dbo.ttDebugLog
- Track - dspTrack.dbo.ttDebugLog
Exporting a Debug Log
- Open up SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your SQL Server
- Click the 'New Query' button in the top-left
- SELECT * FROM the appropriate ttDebugLog (they are listed in the previous section)
- Copy the result set and paste it into an Excel spreadsheet
- The easiest way is to right-click on the square in the top-left of the result set and select options from there
**Check that you set the Trace Level of the Component back to "0 - Disabled", so you don't add processing overhead to the application.