When deleting a wave you must go down to the target level and work your way back up deleting as you go. When the target is deleted it does indeed remove all Map and Transform related objects. You will then be able to delete the Project Area objects, then the Process Area, and finally the Wave itself. Please be aware that if anyone else is in the context (what shows at the top as the Wave ID) you will not able to delete the Process Area or the Wave itself.
To delete a Wave as intended:
- Go to dspMigrate.
- Set your Context to a Process Area of the Wave you're deleting.
- Go to the Design -> Targets page.
- Delete each record on this page. An event called "BeforeDelete" is executing
Console.dbo.webTargetDependenciesDelfor each record's WaveProcessAreaObjectTargetID value. These procedures are what remove all the downstream data in Map and Transform, and they will only fire when you delete from the DSP application.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each Process Area in the Wave.
- Set your Context to a Process Area of a different Wave.
- Go to the Console -> Waves -> 'Process Areas' -> 'Objects' page.
- Selecting each Process Area record in the header pane one at a time, delete each Object record from the detail pane.
- Delete each Process Area record from the header pane.
- Go to the Console -> Waves page
- Delete the Wave record.
To avoid steps 6-11:
(At your own risk)
Run the following query for the Wave you're deleting. Replace the SELECT line with the DELETE line once it looks correct. You can pull the WaveID value from the bottom-left corner of the DSP by going to the dspMigrate -> Console -> Waves page, highlighting the Wave record you're deleting, and mousing over the page title "Waves".
FROM Console.dbo.ttWave WHERE WaveID = '83542705-349d-46ab-851b-6a2c0142780d'
To avoid steps 1-5:
(At your own risk)
Write a stored procedure that takes a WaveID GUID as a parameter, creates a collection of every WaveProcessAreaObjectTargetID value associated with that WaveID, and then cursors through that collection executing
Console.dbo.webTargetDependenciesDel for each value.
To have any 'shortcuts' formally added to the DSP product, please make that request to the Product Management team over on BOA United: https://boaunited.jiveon.com/community/innovate/dsp-enhancement-requests